I filed a bug in July 2014 that is caused by Xcode over-parsing output of build tools. This breaks our CI systems and creates load on developers asking for exceptions. The radar is 17839697 if you have access.
If you’d like to repro the bug yourself, try this:
xcodebuild is examining the output of build tools looking for errors. Strings with a distinct format will trigger an error, stopping the build.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. install any version of Xcode version 5.1 forward
2. file->new project->OS X->other->external build system
3. take defaults on first screen
4. build tool is “echo”
5. arguments are [:13: 2] (no square brackets, no quotes)
6. build (clover-b)
7. clean build
7. build breaks.
8. examine errors: detects :13: 2 as an error, build is broken
Version 5.1.1 (5B1008)
I’ll probably build one for every rifle I have. Seems faster than adding cans one at a time.